Reporters agree to start asking “nice questions” during coronavirus press briefings

After hours of negotiation behind closed doors, the White House Correspondents Association reached a deal with the White House to ask only “nice questions” during press briefings.

Reportedly, President Donald Trump walked out of the coronavirus briefing last Friday without taking questions from reporters because he kept “getting bullied with unfair questions,” a White House staffer said. This came after Trump suggested that disinfectant could treat coronavirus “by injection.”

“Nobody asked Obama mean questions when he was in office,” Trump said. “I mean, this level of insult is completely unprecedented. Unlike anything we’ve seen before. I’m simply standing up for my right to a fair line of questioning. You all know as well as I do that I won’t tolerate bullying in any form.”

Even though the president is expected to take questions from reporters again, Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, expressed doubts about a longer press briefing and whether or not “stupidity is contagious.”

“It’s a shame a vaccine isn’t possible,” Birx said from behind an N95 face mask. “So it’s important to protect yourselves at all costs.”